Seals & Silly Games

TGIF! And for the first time in a long while, today actually is Friday, and I actually have tomorrow off. My Friday and real Friday line up, and I'm excited!

This week is a pretty fun week at work, though. Our two harbor seals are learning to eat fish without our help, which involves lots of aquatic acrobatics, including splashing the rehabber until it looks like she fell in. We also received the good news from the veterinary team; both seals passed the heath inspection and quarantine period, so they are now hanging out together.

On the writing front, I'm making progress. Another chapter is under my belt, and I'm hoping to get at least 2 done in the next 3 days. Although I think I'm obsessing a little too much - it might not be a good sign when you're listening to a song and suddenly you realize that the song lines up perfectly with how you're trying to portray a character in a particular scene. (For the amusement of those of you who have read some of my manuscript, here are 2 examples: Del and Chay - please ignore the weird videos...) I guess it doesn't help that I have a new favorite band. I switch favorite bands every couple months, it really depends what catches my ear and imagination.

But maybe it is good, because it means that I've got a solid sense of the characters. Maybe I should find songs for my other main characters! Any other writers out there find themselves doing things like this

Here's another silly game for y'all. What kind of birds are in the following pics? Answers will be forthcoming at the end of my weekend...

Bird #1

Bird #2

And a baby of the same species as Bird #2

Bird #3

Bird #4

Labels: , ,